Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hubby Birthday!

Happy Birthday to THIS Guy!


If you are on the Virginia Is for Lovers blogging train, then you know this guy deserves a very special day all his own. Unfortunately, since Law School finals have arrived, we decided that this year we would pretend that April 29 was actually yesterday.... of course that did not stop me from bringing over the birthday wishes and celebrations to his TRUE Jour de Naissance, because, personally, I think this hubby deserves two days of celebration anyway!

My incredible husband sadly spent the better part of his pseudo birthday and his real birthday studying for those darn finals, but I tried to make his few hours of freedom extra special with some festive handmade frills and a cake I knew he wouldn't be able to pass on.

Birthday Corner at the Davis'


TL: Birthday Banner printed from Anders Ruff, TR: Beverage Bucket for tailgates
BL: Bucket adorned with Dianna original cutouts BR: Paper ornaments on twine (tutorial from the Handmade Home)



When I was trying to decide what kind of cake to make my hubby for his special day, I knew whatever the flavors, it needed to be "manly." And what says manly bakery delight more than a cake imitating the flavors of an Irish Car Bomb?  That's right. Each major part of the cake featured one of the ingredients found in an Irish Car Bomb, you know, the over the top beverage composed of three different irish alcohols.  An Irish stout went into the chocolate cake, Irish Liqueur such as Bailey's Irish Cream went into this fabulous swiss meringue buttercream, and irish whiskey flavored the chocolate ganache.  
(The full recipe to be posted in my recipe box soon!)


So Happy Birthday to you, Love.  You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I love celebrating your birth!!

XOXO,
DD







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!